Friday, February 17, 2012

Falcon has Flown

Dona luckily put out the word on Falcon needing a new home, and a lady who lives in THE VALLEY, a very ritzy area indeed, has taken him on.  She hunts with the Greenspring pack, which means she is a hard woman to hounds and pretty fearless, plus she takes pony clubbers out in the field and teaches them proper etiquette in the field.  This works out well, since Falcon will always be in the company of other horses, plus he'll be surrounded by knowing horse people that don't take no gruff!  Despite his issues, he actually is a fairly nimble and clever jumper, and I hope he is happy there.  Mimi has invited Sis to come down and visit sometime...who knows, maybe she'll get to go out with the hounds herself.

But in the meantime, she is already champing at the bit to acquire another equine and I've been keeping an eye out for her.  I've found a nice quiet QH that I'd like to take a look at...I wouldn't actively seek out a stock horse since we've had bad luck with them in the past, but this one is a genuine old type quarter horse with a huge rump plus he has a very nice neck and shoulder that he naturally carries poked out like a hunter, which also happens to be the correct training level dressage frame. He also happens to be a packer over fences.  I'm hoping to go see him this weekend, but Sis is going to Florida next week for 10 days which gives me time to go out and "triage" some prospects alone; I don't want her falling for an equine until I've given it a chance to bolt with me or throw me off! 

So far, the only thing I don't like about the above QH is that he's grey...and after spending years keeping a grey horse clean I swore I'd never have another.  But keeping him bright and shiney will be Sis's problem not mine, plus grey horses do look lovely aside.  Just a few minutes after watching his video I started wondering if any of my current sidesaddles would fit him!

It's some sort of psychological illness, you see, this looking at any horse and seeing him aside in my mind's eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment